John Graham (No. 2) who was a son of John Graham, Sr., who lived and died on a portion of his father’s farm on the Calf Pasture, had five sons and three daughters.
He was born in the year 1726 and died in 1815. The names of his sons were John (No. 3), James, Robert, William and Lanty. The names of the daughters were Margaret, Elizabeth and Martha. Elizabeth married a Mr. Bratton. Martha, who was born in 1772 and died in 1856, married Robert Dunlap. There were born to her two children, the Rev. Mitchell D. and Charles A. Dunlap. The Rev. Mitchell Dunlap was a prominent minister in the Presbyterian church and served with distinction in many churches of his faith in Greenbrier, Monroe, Pocahontas and other counties of West Virginia and his native State.He died but a few years ago and was buried at Union, Monroe county.  He had no children. His wife was Mary J. Dunlap of Monroe county.
Charles A. Dunlap lived on his father’s farm on the Calf Pasture and had born to him five sons and two daughters. The names of his sons are Mitchell A. and Charles Preston, who live in Pocahontas county, West Virginia; Robert A. and John W., who live in Augusta. One son, James Lyle, and one daughter, Nancy T., are dead. The remaining daughter, Lora, together with her mother and her brother, John W., live on their father’s farm, it being part of the same farm owned by their great great grandfather, John Graham, Sr., who purchased it from Lewis and Patton as before mentioned. Thus it will be seen that this land now in possession of the fifth generation was originally purchased more than one hundred and fifty years ago.
It was the privilege of the writer to visit this old “homestead” for the first time in May, 1898, and “viewed the landscape o’er”, where was reared his grandmother, his great uncles and aunts more  than one and half centuries ago. The original farm of six hundred and ninety-six acres lies on both sides of the Calf Pasture River, is mostly bottom land and it is located about four miles below Deerfield and 25 miles northwest of Staunton, at Marble Valley P.O., extending a distance of two miles along the river; portions of it is now owned by a Wm. Clayton. On another adjoining tract of land owned by John Graham, Sr., there was a grist mill built by him about the year 1755. Mr. Clayton, in removing the old stone foundation during the summer of 1898 and after the writer’s visit, found on one of the cornerstones imbedded in the old wall the date “1755” cut in the stone. At the time of the writer’s visit the wall was intact and well preserved, though the mill itself had long since been torn down. The water power of this mill was furnished by two large fountain springs which had their source near each other on an elevation overlooking the mill. There is little doubt but that this was the first mill built in that section of the country. There  now stands a good flouring mill a short distance below the old foundation wall that is run the year round by two springs as named and does a good paying business.
Jane Graham, daughter of John Graham, Sr., married a Mr. Lockridge of Augusta county and raised a large family; the names of those we have been able to ascertain are as follows: John, Andrew, Lanty (Lancelot), James, Robert and one or two other sons who moved to Kentucky in the early settlement of that State and whose names have not been given us.
Dr. J. B. Lockridge of Driscol, Pocahontas co., West Virginia, is a grandson of Lanty Lockridge and consequently a great grandson of Jane Lockridge, nee Graham.
Dr. John E. Lockridge of Indianapolis, Indiana, is a grandson of John Lockridge and likewise a great grandson of Jane Graham Lockridge. Mrs. L. E. Dysard of Green Bank, Pocahontas county, is a granddaughter of Andrew Lockridge. The late Col. James T. Lockridge  of Pocahonats county (son of Lanty) was a grandson of Jack Lockridge. There are many other descendants of Jane Lockridge in Pocahontas county as well as others scattered over the many Western states.