Florence Graham, daughter of John Graham, Sr., was born about the year 1744, though we have not the exact date. True to the traditions of her Scottish ancestors, she accepted a proffered offer for life’s companionship from one of her clan, and married on the 17th day of February, 1762, her cousin, James Graham, She, with her husband, settled in the vicinity of her parental home on the Little Calf Pasture River and lived there some eight or ten years. The records of the Clerk’s Office of Augusta County show that James Graham owned land in that county about this time, which was disposed of by deed by him and his wife, Florence, a few years later. About  the year 1770 or possibly a little later, James Graham with his family moved to Greenbrier River and settled in what is now Summers County, W. Va., on the opposite side of the river from where the village of Lowell now stands. The house in which he lived is the same house, together with the farm now owned and occupied by Bunyan L. Kesler. This substantially constructed old log house was built nearly a century and a quarter ago. Its peculiar and strong construction shows conclusively that it was built with a view of security to its inmates from the assault of Indian foes, who less than a decade previous had attacked and killed a portion of the Graham family.