||Jonathan VIA, Sr., b. 11 Jun 1776, Albemarle Co., VA , d. Bef 01 Mar 1858 (Age < 81 years) |
||Catherine O'BOCK, d. 24 Jan 1845, Albemarle Co., VA |
||11 Aug 1801
||Albemarle Co., VA 
||Mary Elizabeth LANE |
||02 Dec 1839
||Albemarle Co., VA [5, 6]
- "Geo. A. Via to Eliz.th Lane 2 December 39, J. Gannett"
| ||1. Thomas David VIA, b. 01 Nov 1842, Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH , d. 02 Aug 1913, Rose Hill, Charlottesville, Albemarle Co., VA (Age 70 years)|
| ||2. John Robert VIA, b. Abt 1844, VA |
| ||3. S. C. VIA, b. Abt 1846, VA |
| ||4. M. V. VIA, b. Abt 1847, VA |
| ||5. Henry O. VIA, b. 23 Feb 1851, VA , d. 31 Jan 1938, 521 7th Street, Huntington, Cabell Co., WV (Age 86 years)|
| ||6. M. A. VIA, b. Abt 1853, VA |
| ||7. Mildred E. VIA, b. Abt 1857, VA |
| ||8. Georgia A. F. VIA, b. Abt 1859, VA |
| ||9. Charles E. VIA, b. Abt 1861, VA |
| ||10. James D. VIA, b. 13 Mar 1863|
- [S133] US Civil War Pension: 1st US Vols., Via, Thomas D., (National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC), Geo. A. Via listed as groom's father in marriage certificate of Thomas D. Via and Mrs. N. E. Detamore. Also listed as father in the death certificate of Thomas D. Via. Both of these documents are included in Thomas D. Via's pension file..
- [S146] WV VRR: Death registration of Henry O. Via, (1938), Henry O. Via's death certificate lists his father's full name as "George Allen Via.".
- [S134] 1860 US Census/VA/Albemarle/G. A. Via, F. L. Harris, Assistant Marshall, (1860).
The 1860 census suggests a birth year of circa 1812.
- [S330] Micajah Via Sr. and His Descendants, Judy Maupin Pons, (Privately printed, Salem, OR, 1999), p. 105.
- [S225] Albemarle Marriage Register, 1806-1868.
- [S133] US Civil War Pension: 1st US Vols., Via, Thomas D., (National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC), M. E. Via listed as groom's mother in marriage certificate of Thomas D. Via and Mrs. N. E. Detamore..